Sanity or Patience: choose one.

Do you ever have one of those moments where you think, "HA! I am sane!" Then you step in dog poo with your bare feet and remember it was your idea to get the puppy...?

Saturday, June 26

Wow. It's been so long since I've even thought about writing a post that my own computer didn't recognize my website and I had to type the whole thing out. And then remember my password. And e-mail address. No wonder I haven't been back. I can't keep track of such things.

I believe - and no, I won't check for certain because I can barely remember how I got to this "new post" page to begin with.... and I'm lazy - but I believe my last post went something like "if I can't say something nice at least 5 posts out of the week, I won't say anything at all."

So maybe you can guess how I've been. Maybe you can relate?

No, no. It's not all bad. There are lots of great things going on, but none of that stuff is interesting enough to write about. For instance, I've played Candy Land a dozen time in the last week. I have a new career. I talk on the phone a lot. I meet new people. I play with Monsoon. Nice things.

I also clean poop off of the floor, throw out soiled diapers, disinfect my house three hundred times a day, wash an old lady, hide my knives (yes a few of them HAVE gone missing) and forget to do laundry most of the time. Not so nice things.

So in leu of all the undesirables, I've been spending more time doing happy stuff to make up for it. Blogging is happy, yes, but it's another thing that takes time away from Monsoon. Time he needs for "just us." I'm here, I'm just not here. For now.

3 comments:

Annelie said...

I can definitely relate! Doing more happy stuff in order to be able to deal with the unhappy is all that keeps me sane these days.

Glad to hear it is a mixed bag, and not all bad, since D joined your life.

Glad to see you.

Amy said...

I understand where you are coming from.. Enjoy..

Unknown said...

Keep in mind, someday you will be the proud owner of a 77-year-old hoo hah!

we've missed you, but of course you have to tend to your life first!