Sanity or Patience: choose one.

Do you ever have one of those moments where you think, "HA! I am sane!" Then you step in dog poo with your bare feet and remember it was your idea to get the puppy...?

Monday, August 8

Eat and be Eaten

Some people believe those who dream often have higher IQs. Others keep dream interpretation books on their nightstands. Some claim to never dream at all, and a few say they know they have dreams but just can't remember anything about them. I don't really buy into all that.

Sometimes they're just dreams and are better forgotten, no matter how realistic they seem. Like when I woke up and repeatedly kicked my husband in the back until he woke up so I could yell at him for cheating on me in my sleep. I was angry for two days.

Occasionally though, it's pretty obvious that your subconscious is sending you a message.

The other night I dreamt I was being chased around a shopping mall by a live T-Rex who kept alternately transforming into a woman in a business suit who bought me snacks. I could have left the mall, of course, but I then I wouldn't get any more snacks. I woke up as the T-Rex version was just about to chomp down on me, and mostly I was thinking how I wouldn't even get to finish my cinnamon soft pretzel.

I'm pretty sure my relationship with food is getting dangerous.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! You are so funny!