1.I got married when I was nineteen to the same man I'm married to now.
- TRUE: We've been (mostly) happily married for almost eleven years.
2. Monsoon was a frozen embryo for a year and a half before I got pregnant with him.
- TRUE: He was our third attempt at in-vitro, third pregnancy and the only miracle we've been blessed with so far.
3.I once punched a guy, knocking him to the ground.
- TRUE: I was in high school, he was dating my best friend, he was a total jerk and all up in my face with his finger-pointing bit. Hey, I warned him. And boy did it feel great.
4.I have a secret blog about my in-laws.
- TRUE: I opened it the same time I opened this blog, but so far I haven't written anything in it other than my headline. I had big plans, but who knew one blog would take up so much time?
5.The last time I peed my pants, I was 14 years old.
- TRUE: Sadly, yes. I have a weak/small bladder and my mom refused to stop on our way home from shopping. I burst just as we pulled in the drive.
6.When I gave birth to my son, I almost bled to death.
- TRUE: Apparently, my uterus just stopped working. Monsoon was blue and choking, but everyone left him to take care of me and I just remember praying to God that I would get to hold this precious angel and tell him how much I love him before I died. It was scary, especially when they brought my dad in while they were still working on me - "just in case." On a lighter note, he probably doesn't remember any of that because of the nice shot the doctors gave him when he entered the room. Horrifying!
7.I got suspended in high school for smoking on the roof of the school.
- TRUE: There was a sub, it was a dare, the principle laughed at me and said he wouldn't have suspended me if nobody else had heard about it (subs have big mouths) but he had to, my mom cried and made me go to work all three days I was out of school.
8.I am under 5 ft tall, and I once weighed over 200 pounds.
- LIE: Finally, we're to the lie! I am just 5 ft tall and one half inch, and the most I've weighed was 178 (which might as well be 300 for a person of my height). And no, it wasn't because I was pregnant - it was a depressing, infertile time in my life where I turned to food and gained almost 80 pounds within like a 3 year period. It was awful.
9.I have not gone one single day without chocolate since junior high.
- TRUE: I just can't do it. I cannot go an entire day with no chocolate. It might just be a couple of chocolate chips, or it might be an entire pan of brownies, but I have to have some kind of chocolate!
10.My niece and nephew are named after types of fairytale creatures.
- TRUE: I am Aunt-A to four beautiful children, two of whom could live double lives as good friends to either Peter Pan or Jackie Paper. I'll just let you guess.