Sanity or Patience: choose one.

Do you ever have one of those moments where you think, "HA! I am sane!" Then you step in dog poo with your bare feet and remember it was your idea to get the puppy...?

Thursday, March 19

Thursday's Things: Worms, Roses and Lemonade

Sour
Sprinkles has round worms, which can apparently be transferred to people... and cause lots of nasty things. Gross, eh? Yay for inspecting poo in our near future.
*
Sweet
Hubby brought home a box of one dozen roses, which was so very nice. Monsoon was confused, though. "Whoa! Thanks Daddy for bringing me flowers!" I'm sure they were for me. Yes. Yes, I'm sure.
*
Two blogging beauties have bestowed upon me a sweet-n-sour award this week. New friend SandySmile at A Groovy Kind of Life and old friend Lesha at The Lost Burp Clothe think I show great attitude and gratitude, so thank you Lesha and SandySmile for The Lemonade Award and the When Life Hands You Lemons award. You are both fantastic.

Instead of passing this on, I really want to encourage everyone to visit Lesha and SandySmile, who both demonstrate great attitude and gratitude (which is why they got the award in the first place, of course) and they deserve some extra special comment love!

18 comments:

Debbi said...

Congrats on your award, doll!

Sassy Britches said...

Yay for you sweet & sour award! Just carry the roses around with you for cancelling out any odors when you have to poke through the poo.

Tanielle said...

Congrats on your award! And roses...what a lucky girl you are! As for the poo...sorry!

Have a great day!

Carrie said...

Congrats on your award. You deserve it.
As for the round worms....so sorry.
Roses.....are you kidding? Have your husband call mine please. :)

Have a great Thursday!!!

Michelle said...

Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday. Being featured was awesome!!!

You look like you have so much fun. Gonna read some more of your blog. I can tell I better get ready to laugh.

Call Me Cate said...

Congrats on your award! So deserving.

Nothing to say about the Sprinkles issue. Tonya barfed up some spinach last night so that was kinda fun. Joe cleaned it so I can't complain.

And roses? Awww... I'm ready to plant some something in my yard but I'd love to get some tulips or daffodils to look at inside.

Julia said...

Congrats on your awards and too bad, eek, and yuck on the worms... Sorry. But there were roses involved so that's always a good thing!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

Congrats on the award and how sweet of your hubby to get those roses for you. I love the name of your blog btw. Oh and thanks for stopping by again. Love meeting new people. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm looking forward to reading your blog and getting to know you better.

Michelle said...

Ahhh, worms. They're lovely. Fortunately, not too many are SUPER easy to transfer. Just do lots of hand washing. And ummm ok yeah, inspecting :) Good luck with that one!

Hyacynth said...

Those flowers were totally for you. Probably because your DH loves you and appreciates that you'll be digging through Sprinkles' poop on worm searches. Really sorry to hear about the poop digging.
But congrats on your awards!

Annelie said...

Congrats on your awards. So well deserved!

And roses are always fabulous to receive. :)

On the puppy/worm/poo issue I've got nothing to say but "I'm sorry hon".

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute about the flowers!

Yes...we've had a round of worms in our zoo too...not fun.

Corinne Cunningham said...

I have been thinking about lemonade for days...

I love the flowers story - too funny!!

RamblingMother said...

must have been that squirrel or tiny animal you did not let your dog eat that must have not given him the worms huhn? Sweet roses for Monsoon. I am sure he will share them with you!

Ann Imig said...

Congrats on the awards and roses. Condolences on the ring worms!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Congrats on the award and the roses! :)

Unknown said...

Very cute! Congrats on the award! You have a great blog and deserve it!