Sanity or Patience: choose one.

Do you ever have one of those moments where you think, "HA! I am sane!" Then you step in dog poo with your bare feet and remember it was your idea to get the puppy...?

Friday, September 25

My husband threw up in front of Anthony Edwards

I woke up yesterday morning feeling a little like it was my birthday. My birthday when I was little and I knew everything would be sunshine and musicals and nothing could possibly go wrong. I was going to speak with Anthony Edwards! I was going to be part of a panel of awesome bloggers to ask questions about his life and his role in the upcoming movie, MOTHERHOOD. It was going to be a great day.

Also in the plans for the day... wine tasting and lunch at an upscale restaurant 1 1/2 hours away with the fam. We were meeting at 11:30, so I figured there'd be plenty of time to eat and drink (except I was the DD, so mostly just eating for me) and get outta there by 1:30, home by 3:00 - just in time for the conference call.

Who knew it would take 2 hours to taste only half of the wine list? By the time I needed to get on the horn, my relatives were on their 12th glass of wine and my husband had spent the last 1/2 hour in the bathroom. Not good.

I had to run to the car where it was quiet! Sitting in the car in the middle of a mall parking lot talking to Anthony Edwards and trying to remember the questions I had submitted, I felt a little like a weirdo-stalker-chick. Half way through the conference call, I was thanking God for the mute button. Here come my peeps, stumbling and laughing, to drop my husband off in the grass next to the car. If not for mute, the fabulous moms and Mr. Edwards himself might have heard my dad slurr-yell-laugh something about locking Hubs out of the back seat and maybe even a heave-ho from the grass section a few feet away. My husband threw up in front of Anthony Edwards.

It was not my birthday - it was more like that time in junior high when my mom came to school dressed as a cat.

side note: The conference call was fantastic in all other aspects - I might even be in love with Anthony Edwards after hearing all his talk of empowering women and helping children in Africa. I'm planning to review the recording of the call and post a more serious piece (with plenty of name-dropping) about the conversation, the movie, and Mr. Edwards' goals for a very special project, Shoes4Africa, in the very near future. Please stay tuned.

6 comments:

DiPaola Momma said...

I can't stop giggling.. this SOOO did not happen! It couldn't have, we aren't related.. or are we? When you said you were in your car I was thinking maybe at Monsoon's school or something.. NOT hiding from drunken relatives!!!! HA!!! The fact that AE was walking his daughter to the bike shop to fix her flat tire somehow fits BEAUTIFULLY in this picture!

Carma Sez said...

lots of name dropping - I likey :D will be back for the update

Hyacynth said...

That's so cool that you were on that call and get a chance to write about!
Sorry to hear about the barf though. Not his shining moment, huh?

Michelle said...

Oh that mute button is so key. SO key. Bummer that your husband wasn't feeling well -- that's always a waste of an upscale lunch -- but yay for everything working out. I hope he's doing better soon!

Funny in My Mind said...

I loved him on ER and Top Gun!
Hope hubby feels better soon!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

This is FANTASTIC! Yeah, I thought you were just shopping or something when you said you were in the car. You really know how to play it cool, man. And I'm having fun reading everyone's take on this interview!