As if turning 30 weren't traumatic enough, the day after my birthday? We had a hurricane. In Ohio. I can't help but wonder if the two events were related. We spent an entire week without electricity, and I spent a lot of time taking notes. Here is the top ten list I wrote (over a year ago, btw) about things I discovered while the electric was out.
10. At night, when Monsoon is sleeping, I just want to sit on the couch and be mindlessly entertained. I miss TV.
9. I do not miss cooking. Well, baking cookies maybe... but nothing else.
8. I still don't understand how my closet is full but I have nothing to wear b/c everything I like is dirty so I'm feeling the need to pile up most of my stuff for Good Will while I can't see it and I'm wondering how on earth does laundry pile up so fast?
7. Hubs does not like me without "electronic buffers." (that would be: tv/ computer/ radio/ etc... things that he can really pay attention to while he pretends to be paying attention to me)
6. I hate washing dishes. It's just gross!
5. I don't mind using candles and flashlights. I suppose if I was dating or a newlywed it might be romantic, but mostly for me it's just great not to see all the dirt around the house that I don't want to clean.
4. After the last hour and a half of scrubbing, I've come to the realization that my fridge was in desperate need of bleach... and I was right not to want to clean it when I didn't have to. In fact, I'm pretty sure it would have been more efficient to just fork out a few hundred bucks for a new one. (yeah, there's still bleach stuck in my nose and my brain might be currently affected).
3. I'm prettier in the dark (or maybe that's the bleach talking?). Mirrors aren't so bad when there are no horrible light bulbs illuminating every flaw.
2. I HATE washing dishes. Worth repeating, 'nough said.
1. Dresses with sequins still sparkle a little in the dark. So yeah, those dresses you see in the pictures of my birthday party? I've been wearing them around the house singing "Dancing Queen" by ABBA.
So this post might be outdated, but I needed something to be finished by the time my coffee was ready this morning - and I can't use my left index finger b/c I cut it. So there ya go.
Sanity or Patience: choose one.
Do you ever have one of those moments where you think, "HA! I am sane!" Then you step in dog poo with your bare feet and remember it was your idea to get the puppy...?