- Blasted the heat in my car and enjoyed the rays coming in from my open sunroof. Never mind the icicles sticking out of my head when I got home.
- Took Monsoon and Sprinkles to the park, wearing enough winter layers to make us sweat like it was 90 degrees.
- Put on my swimsuit...and cried for two hours.
- Made a "tropical fruit bowl" for dessert: Strawberry, pineapple and coconut ice cream. Of course there's fruit in there. Somewhere.
- Had a picnic for lunch on the carpet. Okay, we didn't do this because Sprinkles can't eat people food and Monsoon can't help but drop crumbs (read: throw bits at her and say, "there you go!"). Also, she has pooped on the carpet and I'm not a fan of poop.
- Settled onto the couch with a cool smoothie. Sure, it was a margarita - but it was frozen and has lime. Lime is fruit.
I'm sure there's more we could have done, but it's Summer. And I'm on vacation.
Also, I received this wonderful piece of bling from Veggie Mom. The Sisterhood Award, created by Diana Rambles, goes to blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude! I'm supposed to send this on to ten more Sisters who demonstrate these traits. Here's the thing: I think anyone who has been here and commented is well-deserving of this beautiful bling. So I'm changing it up a bit. Anyone who visits and comments on this post today may consider herself awarded! Yay to all of you! And don't forget to visit Veggie Mom, who was so friendly to pass this along to me.