Sanity or Patience: choose one.

Do you ever have one of those moments where you think, "HA! I am sane!" Then you step in dog poo with your bare feet and remember it was your idea to get the puppy...?

Wednesday, August 19

The Bad Mommy Weekly: issue 4: Just 10 minutes


Right now, Monsoon is in his room. I told him had to spend ten minutes in there this morning for jumping on me when it wasn't wake-up time yet. It was actually past wake-up time, but I wanted just one cup of coffee in peace. He's been in there for a half hour. He's hollering for me, and I'm not answering him. He hasn't had breakfast, it's past time for his allergy medicine and he mentioned something about having to potty around minute 20. I've had two cups of coffee and now I'm writing this post. He's still yelling for me....


"One more minute, honey pot!"


When he starts to tell time, I'm thinking of hiding all our clocks.
UPDATE: When I finally went in to get him, he was stuck in his tent, which was somehow twisted around so the opening was at the top.


Are you a Bad Mommy Weekly, too? Link up with MckLinky!

12 comments:

Kathy B! said...

Oh man! At least the tent wasn't wrapped around his neck. Sometimes I puish the kids and it's like a reward for me. It's sort of an unhealthy thing, isn't it?

Jennifer said...

That is so sad.

And so something I would do.

Jennifer said...

That is so sad.

And so something I would do.

Amy said...

That is so funny. Today I doing pretty good. Yesterday was a little bit wild.

Hyacynth said...

Sounds like a good lesson in patience ... how do you get him to stay in his room short of locking and bolting the door?

Carma Sez said...

bad, bad mommy ;-) I tossed my son's tent after I found him twisted around in it...(Of course, this was years ago) Maybe next time put him in time out in a place other than his tent, so you can blog without worrying.

Unknown said...

LOL! I remember those days of only having one child. Now that I have two, they sort of entertain each other until I feel like dealing with them... that is of course until one hits the other or something like that.

Michelle said...

Oops. But hey, it sounds like no accidents and he's really listening to you. I'm impressed he waits for wakeup time. And that he stays in his room.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Oh, yea...I've been there. Bad mommy!

Anonymous said...

Lol! I do that with the kids I nanny for sometimes!

Debbie said...

Yes, I also feel like I have lived this tale many times over! You just have to forgive yourself and move on. That way you're ready for the next time you mess up:)

Melissa B. said...

I have so many "Bad Mommy" stories, I could write a book. Maybe I will...