- Blogging is a full-time gig. This leaves little time for such extra curriculars as housekeeping and career placement. (Husband is nodding vigorously...?)
- Kroger has an excellent benefit package... oh no, sorry, Hubs was talking while I type. Don't you just hate that?
- Even if I warn my dad not to read "this post," my aunt (we'll call her Kitty - first and foremost because it's another word for Australia, which is what I should call her after the stunt she pulled) will tell him all about it. Thanks, Miss Kitty. Which brings me to...
A gazillionThree people I know in real life read this. Sometimes when I'm out acting a foolpainting the town, I hear, "Hey, you're funny."
- Even though the above mentioned person didn't say exactly "you are funny," I know he thinks I'm funny because he couldn't stop laughing
atwith me. Note to "person": stop calling me Elaine.
- Tuesdays are Awkward, thanks to Tova Darling, but I can't figure out why this concept isn't completely famous by now. Funniest day of the week.
- Snarky_A, besides being brilliant and snarky, is a hat-making rock star; Cate is sixy on Saturdays and gives humorous mumbles even when she feels cruddy; Sassy Britches is one anonymously funny, Umbro-loving, Mama Mia-watching, thoughtfully commenting blogger. There are way too many fantastic blogs and bloggers to keep going at this point.
In other news, my sister thinks I should change my profile picture, but I disagree. What does she know? Instead, I've decided to do one of those sexy prints like rich ladies in the 80's had of themselves over the fireplace mantle. I've worked hard, I deserve this, and I do love the 80's. Think Kathleen Turner before she turned into a man. Better yet, The Divine Miss M in Beaches, when she got semi-famous and super-snooty.
Welcome to my mantle:
Ehem, well, on to the giveaway. You might call it something of a "Spa/Pampering" deal. We've got: warm vanilla body wash & lotion; pedicure essentials (toe separators*file*exfoliating scrubber*pumice*etc..); solar oil (one of my favorite things); and of course, the all-import, shimmering O.P.I. nail polish. *Photo coming soon - my camera stinks*
*Despite all the
stupidity fun I had during my last random drawing, this time I will be using a random-number-generator-site-of-some-sort. Leave a comment to enter (if you'd like to comment but aren't interested in the prize, just say so and I'll move to the next commenter should your number come up). That's it! Oh, and there will be a second place winner, which might even be better than the first place prize. That's right, it's a copy of my "mantle" print. I'll even sign it for you. Remember, many of these lovely items are also still up for grabs if any of you are really hard up for prizes.
Spa/Pampering contest closes at midnight on Sunday, April 12. Winner will have 5 days to claim prize or another winner will be chosen. Open to U.S. and Canada only.
PLUS: Something BIG is coming... don't miss Thursday!